Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Girls just wanna have fun

I can't stress enough how important time with your friends is. As a newlywed, it's easy to fall into a routine where all you want to do is be with your husband or wife. While every year will be great if you're with someone you love, the first year can feel like you're dating all over again. The dynamics of a relationship do change, and while they may only be small changes, you'll feel closer to your loved one than you did before (at least I do). When you're all smiles and you're feeling nothing but the lovey-doveyness, how could you not rush home to your new hubby? But even during that first year, it's so important to make time for your friends.



Needless to say, I haven't been the best at this. In-fact, I was a little hypocritical because I said I would never be the type of person who came home every night and never went out. In fairness, I feel like my schedule plays a huge role too. Working nights inspires excessive sleepiness and the desire to just go home and do nothing. Truthfully, with so few hours in the morning before work, I don't feel inclined to go anywhere before clock-in time either. I use that time to sleep (and write these blogs if I'm awake). But I'd be lying to you if I said the thought of going home to my husband didn't make me drive a little faster.

However, lately I've been making sure I make time for my gals because I miss spending time with them. I had lunch with the Ryberg ladies a couple weeks ago, I had breakfast with my matron of honor yesterday, and am having lunch with my new sister in law today! Those little moments with friends have been wonderful and they've reminded me just how important it is to make regular time with the girls. After all, you need time to catch up and gush about your relationships, right?

How about you? Are you guilty of spending too much time with the hubby or boyfriend?

3 comments:

  1. I have to admit that I also spend as much time with Brad as I can. As you know I was also one of those people that were like, psh I won't be that way at all!! Yet its hard to not want to spend time lol. But, on the flip side, i am not around Brad much during school days because he works and does college. So when there are days when he is not at home, but I am off work, then I have the time to spend it on friends without missing my hubby time! It is a good thing to want to be around your hubby I feel, especially since there will be a time that either A) you will get tired of each other and try to find something to do to get some "me time", or B) if you are planning on having kids, then you will not get that time together like you do now. Not until at least 18 years down the line. So I think being able to cherish the time together is great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. Although Spending time with your gals is very important cause I found you can go kind of crazy without some girl time lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely know what you mean- it's easy to go home and hang out with the husband instead! It was made doubly hard to make an effort to hang out with friends as we relocated straight after getting married- meaning new friends had to be found first!
    At the moment all our friends are with their parents for the summer, so it's rather lonely round here!

    ReplyDelete