Thursday, July 21, 2011

A few exciting little things

Well a few exciting things have come our way. Firstly, Sarah Vivienne won an award for a picture of Robert! We're not surprised at all. Sarah is such a fabulous photographer and we can't wait to get back to England and do our next photo session with her. We all shared a little laugh because Robert hates taking pictures, and yet, it was a photo of him that won an award.



Sarah made a comment that he looks like Mr. Darcy in this picture. I completely agree, and I have to say, I consider him my own Mr. Darcy. The literary hero has been my dream man since the first time I read Pride and Prejudice and I never thought I'd find someone that made me as happy as Darcy made Elizabeth. Robert has been my dream man (my own Mr Darcy) since the moment I met him, and I can't believe how fortunate we both were to find real love. I have to say, taking pictures around Holdenby House made me feel a little like we were Elizabeth and Darcy for a day, too. Oh, England!

Also, a picture from our American wedding made it into Carolina Bride.



We look so happy and I loved those Mikasa Love Story flutes.

Finally, one of the guests from the English blessing sent a few videos from our service. I haven't seen them yet, but it's so wonderful to have something else to help us look back on the day. It's hard to remember all the details when there are so many nerves and emotions all in one moment. We didn't choose to video our weddings because we were on a budget, but this added little suprise gives us a chance to see and remember everything without missing the details, and for that we are so grateful.

So when work drags on a little, we now have these little joys to think on.

1 comment: