Sunday, June 26, 2011

A registry of wifely things

I absolutely love registry catalogs. Perhaps it's because of my love for home decor and appliances, or maybe it's because I love the way everything looks so perfectly placed. Even though I'm married, I can't keep myself from looking there for inspiration or from ogling over the neatly arranged must-have items! While all of my wedding gifts remain unopened, waiting for the day we get our own place, there are several items in there that, as a wife, I feel blessed to own. No matter if you do all the housework, or split up the chores with hubby, there are just some items you can't live without. Why? Because they make life so much easier. For me, those wifely tools are the following:

KitchenAid mixer

I absolutely adore my mixer. I love making cupcakes and baked goods, and this simple device saves me the extra arm work. Ironically, I was first inspired to get the KitchenAid mixer because of a Club Wedd catalog. I love the way a kitchen looks when you bake; the ingredients all laid out, the counters covered in flour and sugar, and the sight of the freshly baked cupcakes or cookies. The picture captured everything I just described. There were freshly baked strawberry muffins, and something about the white counters and popping red KitchenAid stuck with me forever. Now, thanks to my amazing hubby, I own one of my own.



(Image source: http://www.flickr.com/photos/27732029@N00/2486919072/)

Swifter Wetjet and the regular Swiffer

I've heard negative and positive reviews of Swifers, but honestly, I love them. I grab all the dog hairs with the regular Swiffer and follow up with the Wetjet to clean any stubborn stains. It makes it so much easier. There's no struggle to really scrub the floors because they come up clean with the first swipe (at least, that's how it's been for me).

Mikasa dinnerware

I absolutely love my Mikasa dinnerware. While Robert and I don't have a lot of occasions to use fine china, I fell in love with the love story design. I was particularly drawn to the teacups; I could just imagine curling up with a book drinking coffee out of those adorable cups and saucers. Not only were we fortunate enough to receive five place settings, we were given vegetable bowls, a gravy boat, and fruit bowls. I can't wait until our first anniversary or the first holiday at our house to use them!



(Image source: http://www.cookingandtableware.com/dinnerware-sets/mikasa-5047141-love-story-fivepiece-place-ting-dinnerware-set_g616371.html)

Sensor soap dispenser

As much as I love baking and cooking, I'm very OCD. The moment I've cooked with eggs or chicken I'm ready to wash my hands. So I'm really excited to have a soap dispenser I don't have to touch when I have all that gunk on my hands.

My Giada knives

I love the sleek design and bamboo holder, but even better, the blades cut through food with ease!



(Image source: http://dealnay.com/580547/giada-de-laurentiis-for-target-stainless-steel-14-pc.-cutlery-set.html)

My Emeril pots and pans

Not only are they sturdy, I'm told they last a long time. They even have a pouring tip with a sieve on the side, so you can pour out the water while keeping the ingredients in the pot.

While they are just material things, they really make my wifely duties easier. What items can you not live without?

1 comment:

  1. This is a great post idea--I may do my own! I love all your stuff. I'm a huge Swifer wetjetter too. I've had mine for over six years, and it still works great!

    ReplyDelete