Wednesday, June 29, 2011

A strange inspiration

For some reason, and I really couldn't tell you why, but I'm fascinated by the royal couple. I know, just saying that makes me sound ridiculous doesn't it? However, the way they genuinely seem to care about one another inspires me and keeps me interested in their lives.

I suppose we all have that celebrity or celebrity couple that we follow. Why my choice seems to be the royal couple I'm not sure. It could be because I'm British and being away from home makes me extremely sentimental. Seeing as this was my first royal wedding, I think I'm just strangely attached because it represents my homeland. It could also be because Robert and I were married this year and so were William and Catherine. There's a number of emotions that come with getting married and being a newlywed, and since the wedding came so shortly after my own, I almost relived the moments of my big day while watching them enjoy theirs. On top of all that, Kate's fashion is just fabulous!


I mean, I would just love this jacket. Too bad it costs more than a thousand pounds.



(Image Source: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/06/25/prince-william-kate-irish-guards_n_884484.html)

Whatever the reason is, I think Will and Catherine are wonderful and I love reading about the joys of their newly married life. I think it's wonderful to see a couple that truly cares for one another in the news; especially in a time when so many couples are marrying for the wrong reasons and divorcing a year or two later. I admire Barack and Michelle Obama because they seem very compassionate toward one another, too.

Do you have a celebrity or celebrity couple that inspires you? If so, who?

No comments:

Post a Comment